velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Gyanesh M Khanolkar" <gyan...@thoughtcircle.com>
Subject Bean Introspection
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:46:52 GMT
Hi,

I have read in many forums for requests to read public fields ALSO incase
the getters are missing. But it seems we are still going by the JavaBean
specification which allows us to access the property ONLY via a getter
variable.

Preferably we would want to avoid the painful getters as it bloats up our
already existing code.

Would it be possible for you to reconsider this approach where
$UserObj.FirstName will check with the getters : getFirstName() /
getfirstName() and if both were not found, then it accesses the public
variable FirstName.

Introduction of this feature would be of great help as it helps us to reduce
writing additional code which is often of no use.

Regards

Gyanesh