velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Gyanesh M Khanolkar" <gyan...@thoughtcircle.com>
Subject AJAX anyone?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:54:03 GMT
Hi,

I have been playing around with AJAX only to find the nightmare of handling
XML based Server responses. The pain area for any AJAX developer seems to be
parsing and embedding XML data inside a HTML code that is eventually sits
within a JavaScript. It makes life HELL for developing and maintaining AJAX
based sites when we have HTML + XML handing code within a JavaScript.

I seem to find the idea of using Velocity for AJAX based solutions MUCH
better to the ones many have been talking about. I think its cool to shoot
out the HTML code from template directly to the browser which will just
blindly paste it inside the right HTML pocket. Also when running in a cached
mode, I think we can achieve the desired response levels as well !! Now this
is cool !!!

Anyone in the Dev community here also share the same views as I do? Are
there any issues you think that I should consider when including Velocity
for AJAX based solutions?

Thanks,

Gyanesh