velocity-user mailing list archives

From Felix Satyaputra <f_satyapu...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Keep vectors value in context
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:04:38 GMT
Hi Carlo,

Is this servlet extended from VelocityServlet in
velocity tools project?

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/tools/view/servlet/VelocityViewServlet.html

This servlet puts request, session, & servlet context
(I think) inside velocity context for every request.

Your servlet (if it's custom build) can do the same
thing - put request & session in velocity context.
Then store the vector in session.

Assuming session is stored under the key 'session' in
velocity context, to use from velocity,

#set ($myVector =
$session.getAttribute('myVectorAttribute'))

A little work around, I guess...

Cheers,

Felix