velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a velocity engine in Spring
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:57:24 GMT
I've been using Spring MVC for about a year with JSP/JSTL
(unfortunately; decision out of my hands).  There are many great
things about it, but despite all its flexibility and features, it
occasionally suffers from do-too-much-for-you problems that make it
hard to do things different than prescribed.

All that said, I have not as yet used their Velocity integration, so i
don't know the best way to get the VelocityEngine their view class is
using.  I'm guessing you've seen that you can get the VelocityEngine
in a subclass of VelocityView

http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/web/servlet/view/velocity/VelocityView.html

but i don't know that that will get it for you at the point you need
it during a request.  if not, my initial reaction is to just encourage
to configure your own VelocityEngine using the same properties/config
as the one Spring does, if possible.  Using the same properties/config
should keep things rendering the same.

does that help?