velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bean Introspection
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:54:56 GMT
Well, I think the idea is that if a programmer specifically designates
a field as public, then that should count as specifically designating
it for web designer use.  I don't see that as entirely unreasonable.
Also, if the field lookup the were the last option checked, then i
believe adding it to "basic Velocity" would only potentially break
places where $foo.bar formerly rendered as $foo.bar.  Seems unlikely.

Still, if nothing else, we already have the FieldMethodizer in the
distribution.  We could always add the PublicFieldUberspect to the
core and not use it as the default.  Then it is a simple configuration
change away from those who do want it.

Anyway, i'm not likely to ever use this myself nor ever be bothered by
its presence, so i could really go either way. :)