velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Duttaroy, Debasish" <debasish.dutta...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: How to use EscapeTool
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:54:58 GMT
Hmm...
I think I do not quite understand all the aspects yet.

What exactly do you mean by "having EscapeTool in context". I assume
that I need to put EscapeTool into VelocityContext. How do I do that? Or
how do I ensure that I have EscapeTool in the VelocityContext.

Thanks
Debasish

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Bubna [mailto:nbubna@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 5:10 PM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: How to use EscapeTool

That is highly perplexing.  The code as you show it should work
perfectly as long as the EscapeTool is present in the context.  And if
it were not, the key part of the result would look like:

${esc.xml(...)}

Since EscapeTool is basically just a wrapper for Common Lang's
StringEscapeUtils, you might check that you have a working version of
that in the classpath (though to my knowledge, it has never been
broken).

Given what you say, i really have no idea what could be causing the
escaping to fail.  All i can suggest is that you double check that
everything is as you describe and nothing is cached.