velocity-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Baughman <baugh...@utdallas.edu>
Subject Re: Keep vectors value in context
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:47:11 GMT
If the vectors are particular to a session, you can store them in the
session and then pass them to the context the next time.

Object vectors=session.getAttribute("vectors");
if (vectors==null) {
   // build the vectors
} else {
   context.put("vectors",vectors);
}

Or, use a velocity servlet that automatically send the session objects
to the Velocity context.

The VelocityContext is rebuilt for every HTTP request, either
explicityly or behind the scenes.  The best you can do is avoid
repopulating the vectors.

Barbara Baughman
X2157