velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Rishel" <illu...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting a velocity engine in Spring
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:15:28 GMT
Within Struts I've been using a velocity engine from within a subclass of
VelocityViewServlet with which I am able to call
evaluate(Context context, java.io.Writer out, java.lang.String logTag,
java.lang.String instring)
to render the vtl in the 'instring'. Because I am doing my own
preprocessing before
that call and possibly after I need that kind of fine grained control of the
vtl rendering.

I am moving now to Spring, which gives me some important features,
but haven't been able to figure out how to do the "hand rendering" of
the vtl within a Spring controller. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Bill Rishel