velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nils, Maratron.ch" <n...@maratron.ch>
Subject Running forumdemo sample on Tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:47:35 GMT
Hello

I have done this as explained in the README.txt:

1. Build the demo by running ./build-velocity.sh forumdemo
2. Drop the WAR (forumdemo.war) made in the Velocity bin into your Tomcat webapps directory.
3. Start Tomcat ( this will expand the forumdemo.war
4. Point your browser to http://yourhost.com/forumdemo

now I can go to http://yourhost.com/forumdemo where the main entrance shows ok, but if I want
to see the posts or post it I get:

description The requested resource (/forumdemo/servlet/forum) is not available.

Is that cause I built forumdemo.war with "ant examples" and not ./build-velocity.sh forumdemo
(which doesnt do anything on windows anyways)?