velocity-user mailing list archives

From Alain Moran <amo...@adaptavist.com>
Subject Re: Best Servlet Container
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:33:38 GMT
We use Resin Pro for our production servers ... I'll have to admit I
don't get very deeply involved in it, but the guy who admins them swears
by it ... its (apparently) faster and uses less memory than tomcat.

Alain

gb1071nx wrote:
> I've been wondering about this myself, and was about to ask on tomcat-user (fully expecting
a few flames), but now that it's been brought up here..

> what's the latest on Resin?  I keep hearing (here and there) that Resin kicks a lot of
Tomcat butt, but I've been subscribed to the resin-interest list for about two weeks now,
and there's been maybe 12 emails to it.  I take this as a sign that there is virtually no
community around that container, or that everyone who uses it has absolutely no questions.

> Question then:  Anyone have an informed opinion about Resin, specificially how it compares
to Tomcat in terms of performance and stability and perhaps clustering (which I take it, requires
a purchase of Resin 'pro')?