velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: StrutsLinkTool and parameter maps?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:32:41 GMT
Hi Mark,

Sorry, i filter non-work emails to this address lately and have been too
busy to go thru them in a while.  You should know that you're always
going to be much better off emailing the user list of any open source
project.  It's a lot easier on contributors to the project (like me)
since answers get archived for others to find, and especially since
other people are free to respond for us.  Anyway, I hope the delay here
hasn't set you back too far.

You're right.  We are missing this function.  I wasn't even aware the
HTML tag had the option to take a prepared map of params.  Anyway, it
would be fairly easy for you to add this yourself, either by modifying
the LinkTool or (if you prefer not to build VelocityTools yourself)
extending the StrutsLinkTool to iterate through your parameter map and
add each param to the query data for the link.

If you end up doing the former, please consider submitting a patch for
it to the velocity-dev@jakarta.apache.org mailing list.  Submissions
like that greatly help open source projects like ours progress.  Even
better would be to open a JIRA case
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELTOOLS) and attach the patch
file there, as then we would not lose track of it.

peace,
nathan