velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Shon Schetnan" <shon.schet...@scansource.com>
Subject RE: Best Servlet Container
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:12:21 GMT
Steve,

Jetty 6 is very fast and lightweight.  It can also be deployed as an embedded server.  If
you are looking for a fast, lightweight, servlet engine without the need for a full application
server, I would recommend taking a peek at Jetty 6.  It is a very nice servlet engine.

Shon

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve O'Hara [mailto:sohara@pivotal-solutions.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 3:26 AM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Best Servlet Container

Forgive the slightly off-topic request, but I'm wondering if anyone has
any experience of performance comparisons of all the myriad of servlet
containers out there?

To start the ball rolling, I can safely say that the Oracle App server
is a real dog in comparison to Tomcat but it does have some nice wizzy
monitoring tools (perhaps that's why it's so slow).

I'd like to to know what people's experiences are with Jboss, geronimo,
Webspehere, Jetty etc.

Thanks,

Steve