velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Robin Mannering" <robin_mannerin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Velocity Config/Security Issue
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:07:59 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new back on this list in a while, please excuse if the following problem
is obvious/has been posted before.

I am transferring an existing site based on Struts/Velocity to a new web
hosting provider.  The application runs smoothly on its current host.

However, there seems to be one last stumbling block with the new server in
that the Struts object; 'request' appears not to be in scope within velocity
pages (there may be others not in scope).

I'm using the VelocityLayoutServlet if that helps.

I've attached a snippet of the log file that points to the problem I
mentioned, notable the 'java.security.AccessControlException' and
'$request.contextPath is not a valid reference'

All other velocity directives appear to be functioning as normal.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards
Robin

10-Oct 02:45:21.752 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity   [info] ResourceManager : found /pages/frontend/home.vm
with loader org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.WebappLoader
10-Oct 02:45:21.761 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity  [error] PROGRAMMER ERROR : PropertyExector() :
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.core)
10-Oct 02:45:21.763 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity  [error] ASTIdentifier.execute() : identifier = contextPath
: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.core)
10-Oct 02:45:21.764 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity  [error] RHS of #set statement is null. Context will not be
modified. /pages/frontend/home.vm [line 9, column 1]
10-Oct 02:45:21.772 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity  [error] PROGRAMMER ERROR : PropertyExector() :
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.core)
10-Oct 02:45:21.773 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity  [error] ASTIdentifier.execute() : identifier = contextPath
: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.core)
10-Oct 02:45:21.774 |INFO |                       [/].log
    |  Velocity   [warn]
org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference :
template = /pages/frontend/home.vm [line 32,column 34] :
$request.contextPath is not a valid reference.