velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Steve O'Hara" <soh...@pivotal-solutions.co.uk>
Subject RE: Best Servlet Container
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:52:55 GMT

Some nice anecdotal evidence/advice, thanks a lot.

I've got a follow-on question - does anyone have any experience of the
benefits (if there are any) of splitting the delivery of application
pages between static and servlet i.e. have Apache/IIS serve the static
pages and Tomcat/Resin/Jetty the servlets?

I promise to get back on topic soon....

Thanks,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From:
velocity-user-return-18155-sohara=pivotal-solutions.co.uk@jakarta.apache
.org
[mailto:velocity-user-return-18155-sohara=pivotal-solutions.co.uk@jakart
a.apache.org] On Behalf Of Steve O'Hara
Sent: 01 October 2006 09:26
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Best Servlet Container

Forgive the slightly off-topic request, but I'm wondering if anyone has
any experience of performance comparisons of all the myriad of servlet
containers out there?

To start the ball rolling, I can safely say that the Oracle App server
is a real dog in comparison to Tomcat but it does have some nice wizzy
monitoring tools (perhaps that's why it's so slow).

I'd like to to know what people's experiences are with Jboss, geronimo,
Webspehere, Jetty etc.

Thanks,

Steve