velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Steve O'Hara" <soh...@pivotal-solutions.co.uk>
Subject Returning a null object from hanleRequest
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:22:24 GMT

I have a Tomcat application where I am extending VelocityViewServlet and
overriding handleRequest with my handler.

There are circumstances where I am handling streaming back to the
browser myself and I don't want Velocity to render a template.  In these
situations, I return a null from handleRequest which works OK.  However,
now that I have turned on logging for Velocity I notice that there are
warnings each time I do this like "VelocityViewServlet: couldn't find
template to match request"

Is it safe to ignore these are should I be doing something else to
indicate to Velocity that there is no template to render?

Thanks,

Steve