velocity-user mailing list archives

From erica_...@pch.gc.ca
Subject Re: AbstractPagerTool
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:15:08 GMT
Thanks so much! I will try that today.
The tools are very helpful indeed, I'm already using listTool and if I can
get AbstractPagerTool to work it will save me so much headache. Thanks!

"Nathan Bubna" <nbubna@gmail.com>
10/10/2006 12:09 PM
Please respond to
"Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: AbstractPagerTool

I've laid out examples in the javadoc:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/tools/view/tools/AbstractPagerTool.html

The process is:

1) Create a MyPagerTool class that extends AbstractPagerTool and
implements the setup() method (see javadoc for an example)
2) Add the MyPagerTool and LinkTool
(http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/LinkTool.html) to your
toolbox.xml as request-scoped tools
3) Use the tools as demonstrated in the example "pager.vm" template
from the javadoc.  In fact, i believe you can use that exact template
without problems.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-velocity-user/200610.mbox/browser

> I was wondering if anyone can provide an example of using
AbstractPagerTool.