velocity-user mailing list archives

From erica_...@pch.gc.ca
Subject Re: How to pass values between velocity and servlet
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:31:10 GMT
I thought about that but unfortunately the value has to be passed even if
users don't use the form. But I can't put it in a separate form either...

Erica Ren
Developer, Technical Operations / Opérations techniques
E-Services Branch / Cyber Services
Canadian Heritage / Patrimoine canadien

Room 26B, 8th Floor, 15 rue Eddy
Gatineau, Québec
K1A 0M5
819.956.2179

Paul Loy <paul.loy@peoplesarchive.com>
12/10/2006 11:07 AM
Please respond to
"Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Velocity Users List <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How to pass values between velocity and servlet

can you not just use the same form - just add a hidden field!

erica_ren@pch.gc.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a parameter on a velocity template which I need to pass to my
> servlet to do some calculation, and then pass it back to the velocity
> template for rendering new content. I'm already using a form filter
> through HTTPRequest so I cannot use another form to pass on the data.
The