velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Best Servlet Container
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 19:12:37 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> writes:

>Geronimo and JBoss use Tomcat.

>Geronimo also offers a distribution with Jetty.

>Glassfish now has their own impl, although I don't know it's pedigree.
>I'd expect it's based on Tomcat.

They use something called "Grizzly" which seems to be NIO based. See
Jean-Francois Arcands Blog: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/

He also writes:

"The GlassFish WebContainer is based on the Tomcat Servlet
implementation called Catalina. The Catalina architecture, introduced
in Tomcat 4.x, was designed to easily allow developer to extends
it. There is several interception point in Catalina that can be
extended."

So yes. Tomcat-based. :-)

	Best regards
		Henning

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia