velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Right-To-Left support
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 22:02:32 GMT
On 5/2/07, Sebastian Gumpold <sebastian.gumpold@sbs.co.at> wrote:
> Hi, me again. I hope you don't mind opening another thread instead of
> mixing up two different topics in my last mail.

Not at all!  This is preferred around here! :)

> I'm trying to automatically generate mails by an application with
> velocity. As the recipients have different languages the texts to be sent
> are stored in resource bundles.
> The picking of the right resoucre bundle was no problem and works fine.

great! :)

> But now my question: Is there any support for languages that are RTL,
> resp. what's the best practise implementing this with velocity? Should the
> distinction be implemented in Java code or by the template itself?

Nothing has been actively done to support RTL or other Bidi-type
stuff.  I'm sure it can be done.  Velocity is just a text processor
and should be able to output RTL as easily as anything else.  You
won't, however, be able to reverse the read/process order of your
templates.

Anyway, i'd recommend that you just try it and see what you can and/or
can't do.  And of course, feel free to report back here, so others
with the same question can find the answer you do that much quicker!