velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Edgar" <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Guardian website moves to Velocity
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 12:52:08 GMT
Excellent choice, Velocity simplicity wins out over FM complexity  :)

regards Malcolm Edgar

On 5/10/07, Townson, Chris <C.Townson@nature.com> wrote:
> http://niksilver.com/2007/05/10/guardian-unlimiteds-new-look-s
>
> thought this might interest members of this list, if you haven't already seen it.
>
> It would be interesting to know a little more about the tools they built: I know that
we at Nature have been working towards a "component"-based system (which seems to be what
they've developed at The Guardian) for a little while now and are shortly to go live with
a Spring-based system for formalizing the management of the design and templating of large,
complex, modular sites using Velocity.

> There might be some common ground covered between us and The Guardian here which could
be fed back into the Velocity project itself, perhaps?