velocity-user mailing list archives

From "White, Tim" <Tim.Wh...@qwest.com>
Subject Resource Loader Classpath
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 16:58:20 GMT
Hello -

 I'm having trouble under WebLogic locating my custom Resource Loader.

 We're using velocity 1.4, and we ported the URLResourceLoader to use.

 What seems to be happening is that under certain circumstances, the
Velocity engine gets initialized in such a way that it can't see our
loader in the classpath.

 So we get this error:

 java.lang.Exception: Problem initializing template loader:
com.qwest.taglib.velocity.URLResourceLoader
Error is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.qwest.taglib.velocity.URLResourceLoader
        at
java.lang.Class.forName(Ljava.lang.String;ZLjava.lang.ClassLoader;)Ljava
.lang.Class;(Unknown Source)
        at
java.lang.Class.forName(Ljava.lang.String;I)Ljava.lang.Class;(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ResourceLoaderFactory.getLoa
der(ResourceLoaderFactory.java:41)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.initialize(Reso
urceManagerImpl.java:142)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeResourceManager(Ru
ntimeInstance.java:522)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:22
7)
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeSingleton.init(RuntimeSingleton.java:
114)
        at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.init(Velocity.java:80)

What is weird is that most of the time it works just fine, but when a
user has EJB's deployed, they get this error.

Is there anyway to print the current classpath out of the Velocity
engine or something so we can troubleshoot this futher?

What's weird is that the code that's initializing Velocity is in the
same .jar file as this resource loader.  So clearly the .jar is visible
to the app at that point, but not to Velocity itself...

Any help appreciated!

Tim