velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Revusky <revu...@wanadoo.es>
Subject Re: wrong list?
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 09:28:22 GMT
Konstantin Breu wrote:
> Hi,
> is this still the velocity list? I'm getting so many emails about
> "FreeMarker"...
> Cheers,
> Konstantin

Well, up to a point, it's normal that FreeMarker would come up. There's
a basic application space, and FreeMarker is a very prominent tool in
that space. In any general discussion of templating issues, it's normal
that it would come up -- how FM deals with whatever issue, etcetera.

I didn't start the thread. I entered it mostly to rebut Malcolm Edgar's
  claims of Velocity's "simplicity" winning out over FreeMarker
"complexity". His claim looked pretty dubious and I thought it proper to
write a rebuttal. It doesn't do any harm to you or anybody else on the
list; it just provides information that you might not have had before,
and a different viewpoint.

Jonathan Revusky