velocity-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Texen - how to access SortTools?
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2007 01:50:49 GMT
On 24/06/07, Nathan Bubna <nbubna@gmail.com> wrote:
> i believe you just need to add a line like this to the texen.properties file:
>
> context.objects.sort=org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.SortTool

Thanks - I looked at that, but the properties file is embedded in the
jar, and there does not seem to be any way to override it. Seems
rather messy to have to update the jar.

> once Tools 2.0 is out, i plan to try and find time to provide better
> integration between Tools and Texen/Anakia/DVSL (or examples, where
> the current support is sufficient)

Perhaps the parsing of the contextProperties file could be extended to
behave like the internal file?

As luck would have it, I have since found a hack to create the object
directly in the VTL script (so my problem is solved) but it would be
at lot nicer to be able to extend texen.properties as above.