velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Date formatting from a string
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:11:22 GMT
Use the NumberTool to convert it to a Number, then use the DateTool to
convert that to a Date:

#set( $myMillisAsNumber = $number.toNumber($myMillisAsString) )
#set( $myMillisAsDate = $date.toDate($myMillisAsNumber) )

or you can always extend the DateTool and add your own method to do it directly.

On 6/20/07, Jason Mansfield <JMansfield@espresso.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to format a string that contains a date as a number of milliseconds since
1970 (in text format) in my velocity template.