velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use AvalonLogChute?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:50:25 GMT
i see two possible options that don't involve modifying the current
Velocity code...

1) the AvalonLogChute class first tries to get its Avalon Logger via
Heirarchy.getDefaultHeirarchy().getLoggerFor(<some logger name>).
This <some logger name> is null by default but can be set to a valid
logger name via the "runtime.log.logsystem.avalon.logger" property in
your velocity.properties.  So, it would seem that if you create a
logger for <some logger name> in the default log heirarchy and then
start up your VelocityEngine using the property:

runtime.log.logsystem.avalon.logger=<some logger name>

then the AvalonLogChute should use your Logger of choice.  this
appears to be the intended pattern by those who first designed the
AvalonLogChute

2) you can create your own LogChute implementation that wraps your
Logger and add an instance of this class you created directly to the
Properties used to init() your VelocityEngine under the key
"runtime.log.logsystem".   Velocity's LogManager always first checks
the configuration properties for LogChute under that key before trying
any other means to get a LogChute.