velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Error initializing Velocity: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'menu.vm'
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 18:52:02 GMT
Ok, that makes it possible to configure the FileResourceLoader
properly, but it is still very difficult, non-portable, and generally
not recommended.  I strongly recommend you use the WebappLoader for
resource loading in webapps.

If you insist on using the FileResourceLoader, then you will find that
you need to specify the full, absolute path to your templates in the
file system.