velocity-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getTemplate() Nullpointer but Velocity is initialised - HELP
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:22:03 GMT
I looked at line 831 of Velocity 1.4's RuntimeInstance, and
unfortunately, the only possible way to get an NPE there is if that
RuntimeInstance was not initialized.

Since there is some RuntimeInstance being initialized (according to
the Tomcat logs), it appears that the problem is that the instance
VelocityMenuDisplayer is trying to use has not been initialized.  I'm
not familiar with StrutsMenu, so i don't know how it is getting its
VelocityEngine.   All i can say is that the VelocityEngine it is
trying to use has not been initialized, regardless of whether or not
some other one has been initialized.

On 8/20/07, PeteTh <petelists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would very much appreciate some help, this deployment problem has driven
> me almost mad for the last couple of days.
>
> I'm using Struts Menu with a Velocity Macro (Velocity 1.4) as the renderer.
> All works fine in Windows o/s with both Tomcat Version 5.5.20 or Jetty - BUT
> when I deploy to Unix running Tomcat 5.5.17 I get a NullPointerException
> when getTemplate() is called (I think the template name is
> menuItemCommon.vm) matching the config=  see below)
>
> nav.jsp :-
>
>                 <menu:useMenuDisplayer name="Velocity" config="menuItemCommon.vm"
> permissions="rolesAdapter">
>                   <menu:displayMenu name="UploadFile"/>
>                   <menu:displayMenu name="WorkInProgress"/>
>                 </menu:useMenuDisplayer>
>
> Reading the mailing list it sounded like Velocity may not be initialised,
> but the Tomcat logs show that it is. We were already using Spring's
> org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEngineFactoryBean as we use Velocity
> for email templates, so we already have :-
>
>     <bean id="velocityEngine"
>           class="org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEngineFactoryBean">
>         <property name="velocityProperties">
>             <props>
>                 <prop key="resource.loader">class</prop>
>                 <prop key="class.resource.loader.class">
>
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
>                 </prop>
>                 <prop key="velocimacro.library"></prop>
>             </props>
>         </property>
>     </bean>
>
> Stacktraces and logs are at the end of this post.
>
> I thought the The Velocity Macro 'menuItemCommon.vm' perhaps was not being
> found, so I now have made sure it is in WEB-INF/classes and the root of
> WEB-INF  but I still get this error - but as I say it only goes wrong in
> unix environment with tomcat 5.5.17.
>
> The Struts Menu source where it goes wrong is :-
>
>   protected void displayComponents(MenuComponent menu)
>     throws JspException, IOException {
>         HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
> pageContext.getRequest();
>         Template t;
>
>         try {
>             String template = getConfig();
>
>             if (template == null) {
>                 throw new JspException("You must specify a template using
> the 'config' attribute.");
>             } else {
>                 log.debug("using template: " + template);
>             }
>
>             t = velocityEngine.getTemplate(template);
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>             String msg = "Error initializing Velocity: " + e.toString();
>             log.error(msg, e);
>             throw new JspException(msg, e);
>         }
>
>
> Here is the log of Velocity initializing :-
>
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:21 [main] DEBUG
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory  -
> Eagerly caching bean 'velocityEngine' to allow for resolving potential
> circular references - AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:396
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:21 [main] TRACE
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory  - Not
> autowiring property 'configLocation' of bean 'velocityEngine' by name: no
> matching bean found - AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:893
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:21 [main] TRACE
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory  - Not
> autowiring property 'resourceLoader' of bean 'velocityEngine' by name: no
> matching bean found - AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:893
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:21 [main] TRACE
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory  - Not
> autowiring property 'velocityPropertiesMap' of bean 'velocityEngine' by
> name: no matching bean found - AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:893
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] TRACE org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory
> - Creating [java.util.LinkedHashMap] - CollectionFactory.java:114
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> **************************************************************  -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4 - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> RuntimeInstance initializing. - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Default Properties File:
> org/apache/velocity/runtime/defaults/velocity.properties -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl) -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Resource Loader Instantiated:
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting. -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete. -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> ResourceCache : initialized. (class
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl) -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Default ResourceManager initialization complete. -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Created: 20 parsers. - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : initialization starting. - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in templates -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may NOT
> replace previous VM definitions - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be  global
> in scope if allowed. - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : messages on  : VM system will output logging messages -
> CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : autoload off  : VM system will not automatically reload global
> library macros - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocimacro : initialization complete. - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:22 [main] INFO  org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine  -
> Velocity successfully started. - CommonsLoggingLogSystem.java:49
>
>
> Stacktrace :-
>
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] DEBUG
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.UseMenuDisplayerTag  - setting config to:
> menuItemCommon.vm - UseMenuDisplayerTag.java:71
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] DEBUG
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.UseMenuDisplayerTag  - Looking for repository named
> 'net.sf.navigator.menu.MENU_REPOSITORY' - UseMenuDisplayerTag.java:132
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] DEBUG
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.UseMenuDisplayerTag  - stuffing repository into
> pageContext... - UseMenuDisplayerTag.java:145
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] TRACE
> net.sf.navigator.util.PropertyMessageResources  - Initializing,
> config='menuItemCommon.vm', returnNull=true -
> PropertyMessageResources.java:83
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] DEBUG
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer  - using template:
> menuItemCommon.vm - VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:102
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer  - Error initializing
> Velocity: java.lang.NullPointerException - VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:108
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:831)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:813)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:470)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer.displayComponents(VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:105)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer.display(VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:87)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.DisplayMenuTag.doStartTag(DisplayMenuTag.java:100)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.el.DisplayMenuTag.doStartTag(DisplayMenuTag.java:45)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_menu_displayMenu_0(mainLayout_jsp.java:293)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_menu_useMenuDisplayer_0(mainLayout_jsp.java:259)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspService(mainLayout_jsp.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.writeDecorator(PageFilter.java:173)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.applyDecorator(PageFilter.java:158)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter.java:125)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:216)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:195)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
>         at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/marj].[jsp]
> - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception -
> ApplicationDispatcher.java:704
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:831)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:813)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:470)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer.displayComponents(VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:105)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer.display(VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:87)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.DisplayMenuTag.doStartTag(DisplayMenuTag.java:100)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.el.DisplayMenuTag.doStartTag(DisplayMenuTag.java:45)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_menu_displayMenu_0(mainLayout_jsp.java:293)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_menu_useMenuDisplayer_0(mainLayout_jsp.java:259)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspService(mainLayout_jsp.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.writeDecorator(PageFilter.java:173)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.applyDecorator(PageFilter.java:158)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter.java:125)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:216)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:195)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
>         at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] DEBUG
> org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter  -
> SecurityContextHolder set to new context, as request processing completed -
> HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:257
> 18 Aug 2007 23:52:37 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/marj].[dispatcher]
> - Servlet.service() for servlet dispatcher threw exception -
> StandardWrapperValve.java:253
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:831)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:813)
>         at
> org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:470)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer.displayComponents(VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:105)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.displayer.VelocityMenuDisplayer.display(VelocityMenuDisplayer.java:87)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.DisplayMenuTag.doStartTag(DisplayMenuTag.java:100)
>         at
> net.sf.navigator.taglib.el.DisplayMenuTag.doStartTag(DisplayMenuTag.java:45)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_menu_displayMenu_0(mainLayout_jsp.java:293)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspx_meth_menu_useMenuDisplayer_0(mainLayout_jsp.java:259)
>         at
> org.apache.jsp.common.decorator.mainLayout_jsp._jspService(mainLayout_jsp.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.writeDecorator(PageFilter.java:173)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.applyDecorator(PageFilter.java:158)
>         at
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter.java:125)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:216)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:195)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
>         at
> org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
>         at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
>         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/getTemplate%28%29-Nullpointer-but-Velocity-is-initialised---HELP-tf4299522.html#a12237939
> Sent from the Velocity - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@velocity.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@velocity.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@velocity.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@velocity.apache.org


Mime
View raw message