velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why do $req.setAttribute()s show up in my html page
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:19:00 GMT
This is really a better question for the Struts2 folks.  WebWork 2.x
must have had an event handler configured to automatically silence
references that resolve to null/void, because
ServletRequest.setAttribute(...) has always returned void.  Either
that or $req was a wrapper  for ServletRequest that returned an empty
string.

For dealing with this, you can either set up a
ReferenceInsertionEventHandler to suppress these or, as i would
recommend, take Claude's suggestion and just use silent notation
$!req.setAttribute('blah', $blah)

On 10/4/07, Betty Chang <bchang@edgenuity.com> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I'm sort of a newbie to both struts and velocity.  I converted an existing webwork2.2.4/velocity
project to struts2/velocity.  Things seem okay except that my $req.setAttribute("blah",$blah)
calls in my .vm files end up showing up on my html page.