velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Kadve, Ketaki Sheshrao" <KetakiKa...@fairisaac.com>
Subject How to escape double quote(")
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:58:47 GMT
Hi,

We are trying to use #set to write some Java code.

We want to do something like this:

#set ($var = "field.equals ( "abcdbbbbb" ) ");

And then we want to use $var in if statement as follows:

if ($var)

   cnt = 0;

The problem is Velocity does not allow to use double quotes ( " ) inside
String defined in #set. Escape characters are also not working.

So we get error at second double quote (in Green), suggesting that it
should be the end of String defined for $var.

#set ($var = "field.equals ( "abcdbbbbb" ) ");

Thanks in advance.