velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wglasshus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing template file through UI
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:55:55 GMT
There are various examples of applications which do this.  I run an web site
that has thousands of accounts in which users upload their own velocity
templates.  The Roller web log system is also similar in this aspect.

There's no API specifically to deal with this.  Your web app should upload
the file and either store it on disk or in a database.

There's various security concerns you'll want to think about.  You'll need
to implement a IncludeEventHandler that prevents one user from doing a
#include or #parse loading a page from a different account.  You'll also
want to use the SecureIntrospector to prevent execution of "dangerous"
method calls.  See this article.  (It's a little out of date though still
useful).
http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/BuildingSecureWebApplications

WILL

--