velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wglasshus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubt about Velocity and performance when using Unicode Encoding
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:01:50 GMT
Hi Marta,

Typically, performance problems are caused by the cache not being turned
on.  Did you enable the cache for your resource loader?

I haven't seen a problem due to encoding. Would surprise me if the unicode
was the issue.  Maybe there's a difference between the template.merge and
the Velocity.merge calls?

For true scientific comparison, can you run your benchmarks with the new
method call (Velocity.merge) but with the standard encoding?  (Whatever you
used originally with getTemplate).

WILL