velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VelocityTools 2.0 Alpha]
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:57:33 GMT
Oh yeah.  Well, my original plan was to deprecate handleRequest() in a
VelocityTools 1.4 release (which looks unlikely to happen), so that i
could remove it in VelocityTools 2.0 release.   However, since i'm
trying to make the transition between 1.3 and 2.0 smooth, i'll replace
the handleRequest() method in 2.0.  It will, however, still be
deprecated.

As to what you should do in replacement, well, it depends on what you
are trying to accomplish in overriding that method.  If you are just
populating the context based on the request, then you should override
the fillContext(context, request) method.  If you need access to the
response and request both, then you should override
createContext(request, response) and call super.createContext(request,
response) right away to get access to the context.   If, however, you
are altering how templates are retrieved, then you should override the
appropriate getTemplate(...) method.

If none of those satisfy, then let me know what you're trying to do,
and i'll help guide as i can.