velocity-user mailing list archives

From Marta Gascó Julio <mga...@care-t.com>
Subject Doubt about Velocity and performance when using Unicode Encoding
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:16:05 GMT
Hello Velocity users,

I would like to expose my doubt to you, looking forward for some help from you.

I'm using Velocity as a Template engine in my project and I was happy with its performace
until I decided use Arabian words in my templates. I changed the Encondig to Unicode to make
it possible, but since that moment, the time needed to Velocity making the "merge" has increased
really much.

I changed my line: lNVTemplate.Merge(lNVContext, lStringWriter);

For: Velocity.MergeTemplate(lNVTemplate.Name, System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.EncodingName, lNVContext,
lStringWriter);

Am I doing any badly? Or is it defect of Velocity? Has any of you experienced something like
that? Is there any other possibility of merging templates with Arabian symbols?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marta.