velocity-user mailing list archives

From Disco <dave...@gmail.com>
Subject Velocity Redirect/QueryString Question
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:27:57 GMT

Good Afternoon-

I am looking to create a dynamic redirect page in velocity.  Essentially
what I will be doing is passing the page a url variable that contains the
redirect URL.  The difficulty is in that the url will also have its own
variables - a second problem is the variables are defined by a # rather than
? (the URL redirect is to a flex app)

A sample URL request would be:

redirect.vm?url=/about/about.vm#id=1&method=1

I can not seem to reference any of the information after the #.
request.QueryString, for example, will only return "url=/about/about.vm"
Every method I am aware of to capture URL/URI data always truncates upon
encountering a #.

Is there any way to get the entire URL passed to the redirect.vm?  Another
option I was considering is passing the string using ?? instead of the #,
and then replacing ?? to #.  However, I can not seem to get this to work
correctly either.

I'd appreciate any suggestions-

Thanks,
David