velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Yartsev" <ani...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing a url with parameters to #parse
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:19:55 GMT
Hello,

I am just starting out with velocity and I have a small problem I haven't
been able to solve.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have an index.vm file, which is divided into sections so to speak (I
didn't want to use frames).
The main content is always loaded this way:

                #if($params.exists("url"))
                    #parse($params.getString("url"))
                #else
                    #parse("mainContent.vm")
                #end

Everything works just fine until I tried passing a url like this:

index.vm?url=winter08/npuzzle/makeMove.vm?piece=6

It's giving me an unable to find resource error because it's taking
"winter08/npuzzle/makeMove.vm?piece=6" as the name of the file
to parse, instead of parsing the " makeMove.vm" file with a parameter
named "piece".

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks,

-Michael