velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Yartsev" <ani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing a url with parameters to #parse
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:20:10 GMT
> As for stripping it in the template, you could always do:
>
> #set( $resource = $params.getString('url') )
> #set( $resource = $resource.substring(0, $resource.indexOf('?')) )
> #parse( $resource )

This will only strip the parameter off the URL, I need that parameter.
Unless I am missing something here...

>You could do this with an IncludeEventHandler to modify the file
>retrieved by #parse; whichever way is easier.

I looked at the API, but I am not sure how to do this (like I said, I am
very new to this). Could you provide a really simple example and
I can take it from there.

Thanks for your help so far guys,