velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing a url with parameters to #parse
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:57:34 GMT
Yeah, given the variety of resource loaders we have and the fact that
only one of them is meant to load resources from URLs (the
UrlResourceLoader), we don't have any support for parsing the resource
names passed to directives like #parse or #include.  You'll have to
strip out the parameter section yourself first (in the template or
elsewhere) or perhaps implement an IncludeEventHandler (is that right,
Will?) that does that for you.

As for stripping it in the template, you could always do:

#set( $resource = $params.getString('url') )
#set( $resource = $resource.substring(0, $resource.indexOf('?')) )
#parse( $resource )

or something like that.