velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extension repository ?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:32:07 GMT
You could easily do this with a "tool" (see VelocityTools). They're
usually easier to write than a custom directive, though those are more
intimidating than they are complicated.  With a tool you could then do
something like $context.required('com.foo.MyVelocityController') (yes,
i'm suggesting you extend the ContextTool).  If you're interested in
more details on how to do this, let me know.  I could outline the
steps for you.

Oh, and if you are loading some of the same data for *all* your
templates, VelocityTools can help there too.