velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blocks in Velocimacros
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:37:35 GMT
Of course, you would then have to be sure to escape all " characters
in your body content:

#set( $Q = '"' )

#myForm( "
<!-- some ${Q}arbitrary${Q} -->
" )

so that you don't prematurely end your $body parameter.  this is
obviously not ideal, but may be easier than writing a custom
directive, depending on the specifics of your case(s).

On Jan 3, 2008 2:35 PM, Nathan Bubna <nbubna@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also note that as of Velocity 1.5, you can include line breaks in
> strings, making it reasonable (though not as pretty to do something
> like:
>
> #macro( myForm $body )
> <form...>
> $body
> </form>
> #end
>
> #myForm("
> <!-- some arbitrary html here -->
> ")
>

> On Jan 2, 2008 7:13 PM, Raghuram Rajah <rraghuram@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can I use a block within a velocimacro? Basically, I am trying to create a macro
that will emit a XHTML tag with some javascript out. I would hate to create a begin macro
and an end macro to accomplish this. That would be rather error prone.