velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where we can use Template Engines(FreeMarker/Velocity)
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:38:15 GMT
On Jan 21, 2008 10:18 PM, Sampath Kumar Dhandu
<Sampath_Dhandu@mindtree.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have some questions to clarify on template engines like
> FreeMarker/Velocity.
>

> *       Is it possible to develop templates with pictures/Audio/Video in
> FreeMarker or Velocity?

"develop with" is a rather vague verb/preposition combination.  if you
want to create pictures/audio/video using templates, then the answer
is probably no.  template engines are for text processing and not
useful in producing multimedia.  you can how produce textual markup
(html) which links to or embeds such multimedia objects.

> *       Which areas we can use these template engines in our projects.

wherever you have repetitive text generation needs.

> *       Is it possible to develop Home Page of website with template engines?

yep.  though if you do not require much dynamic processing, it might
be overkill.

> If any one of you know answers to above questions, please reply to me.
>

> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Sampath Kumar
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If
you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole
or in part is strictly prohibited.
> E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses
and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize
the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
> Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for
any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
> MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.