velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity Redirect/QueryString Question
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:17:55 GMT
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but the browsers don't share
anchors (anything after the #) with the server.  A little Googling
says this is specified in RFC 2396, section 4.1.  So, there's no way
to do what you want without using javascript on the client side, at
which point Velocity is, of course, done processing the template

If you have control of the incoming URLs, you should use some other
character besides the hash (#) or perhaps just encode the hash.  Of
course, then you'll have to parse the query string manually to get it
into useful form.  If you can't change the URLs, then you will have to
do this client side with javascript.