velocity-user mailing list archives

From "White, Tim" <Tim.Wh...@qwest.com>
Subject Velocity Resource Locking?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:01:47 GMT
Hi -

 We seem to be getting a situation where the Velocity Engine is hanging
and generating a stuck thread.

 <Jan 24, 2008 11:44:42 AM CST> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337>
<[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '20' for qu
eue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "622"
seconds working on the request "Htt
p Request: /MasterWebPortal/appmanager/home/Shop", which is more than
the configured time (StuckThreadMa
xTime) of "600" seconds. Stack trace:
Thread-606 "[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '20' for queue:
'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'" <alive, in n
ative, blocked, priority=1, DAEMON> {
    -- Blocked trying to get lock:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl@52f2b3c0[thi
n lock]
    jrockit.vm.Threads.sleep(Native Method)
    jrockit.vm.Locks.waitForThinRelease(Unknown Source)
    jrockit.vm.Locks.monitorEnterSecondStage(Unknown Source)
    jrockit.vm.Locks.monitorEnter(Unknown Source)

org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(Res
ourceManagerImpl.java:287)

org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.
java:1102)

org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java
:498)

org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java
:473)

Becuase it's stucking on getResource, and the only loader we have
configured is the FileSystemResourceLoader, I'm wondering if it's
possible that that FileSystem is having issues, and it's leaving the
InputStream hanging.

Is there any way to configure a timeout for the resource loader?

Thanks,

Tim