velocity-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit compatibility
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:56:53 GMT

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 18:47 -0800, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> Hi--
>
> We're in the early stage of spec'ing out a CMS-like capability for an app
> and are looking at using Jackrabbit as a file repository serving files that
> are then parsed by Velocity.  Among other benefits, this would let our users
> upload files via WebDAV and do version tracking.

Has the state of webdav versioning (deltav) improved a great deal
recently? From what i remember it leaves a lot to be desired.

(Alessandro, are you still around?)

Are people editing locally and then committing/uploading when complete?
Or are they editing on a shared server? If on the same server, does each
editing 'save' get versioned (and indexed for search)?

Are people just editing static XHTML/XML or are they able to add
velocity code to the content pieces? Do you allow more than one content
piece per page and reuse the content pieces?

Do you render the (velocity) content pieces/templates on the way into or
out of the repository or do you assemble them into a page that is then
rendered?

best,
-Rob