velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wglasshus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit compatibility
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 19:33:48 GMT
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the comments.

This is part of a larger system that currently has a basic file upload/web
file manager.  We plan on adding some CMS-like features to improve usability
of that part of the system.  We're mostly interested in wiki-style
versioning; e.g. the ability to roll back to a previous version (as opposed
to doing patch or merge features).  For simplicity, we're working on a file
by file basis (you can do #include's, but we leave that to the user).   And
yes, definitely, users are editing HTML (and other text files) that include
VTL.

Currently we have a web interface and an FTP interface for managing files.
We'd like to put the version features in the web interface and basically use
Webdav as a substitute for FTP.

WILL