velocity-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Tarau <adrian.ta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity Question
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:27:42 GMT
Hello Gautam,

I had the same problem, rendering an UI model as HTML(plain HTML or
JavaScript/HTML).
My solution is to have a directive called #function(name param1 param2
...) and the function is actually an abstractization,* *you can have a
function implemented in Java or can be another template(even a different
engine). The function implementation can specify if the context changes
propagates or are local to the function(by default are local and this
should be the way to go) . I can mix different template engines, for
example I can call a FreeMarker template from my Velocity template ;)

I didn't had time to do some performance testing, but I don't think
there will be performance penalties and the memory consumption will be
the same as loading all 50 templates in memory.

I can send you the link to the source code if you want to have a look.