velocity-user mailing list archives

From Claude Brisson <cla...@renegat.net>
Subject Re: What defines current dir in "file.resource.loader.path"
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:03:18 GMT
Velocity is a library. The current directory depends upon the java
program using it (tomcat for instance).

Excerpt from java.io.File javadoc:

        By default the classes in the java.io package always resolve
        relative pathnames against the current user directory. This
        directory is named by the system property user.dir, and is
        typically the directory in which the Java virtual machine was
        invoked.

But you can use relative resource loading with #parse and #include by
adding the following to your velocity.properties file:

eventhandler.include.class = org.apache.velocity.app.event.implement.IncludeRelativePath

  Claude