velocity-user mailing list archives

From johne <jeich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Not understanding something
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:08:26 GMT

I have been using Velocity for a long time.  I am seeing something odd.  I
was trying to remove jsession ids from non-user accounts (bots) by removing
the URL rewriting in a tomcat 6.0 filter.  I then just had this filter print
out debug information for bots coming in and the URL they see.  I see
something to the affect of this in my debug log:

INFO  [080620 23:47:13] Spider User Agent (msnbot/1.1
(+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)) looking at page:
http://mydomain.com/action/pub/my-listing
INFO  [080620 23:47:13] Spider User Agent (msnbot/1.1
(+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)) looking at page:
http://mydomain.com/WEB-INF/templates/common/myMainTemplate.vm

Though I have one debug message printing out, I was only expecting to see
the first debug message to print out.  The second message is very
unexpected.  It is the template that was being used to render page the bot
was looking at.

Why would this message show up if using Velocity along with Tiles/Struts?

I even have access control prevented in this template directory so very
weird.  I must be missing something.

All the pages look great, I just would not want bots to pick up on things
they should not see.

Regards,

John

-----