velocity-user mailing list archives

From johne <jeich...@yahoo.com>
Subject URL encoding
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:46:52 GMT

Hey!

Progress!  I am wondering.  When I am creating a URL with a query string
using the Struts Link Tool, I am wondering what might affect the URL query
string to get the encoded version of an ampersand, not just a straight
ampersand.   When I am using the tool as is, I am getting a straight
ampersand which when I run it through the W3C validator tool, I get errors.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jobbank.com&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

For the suspect line I am using:
    $link.setAction( $!pop.rname Jobs

I get:
    /action/pub/submit/job-listing?c=US&r=NJ New Jersey Jobs

When I would want:
    /action/pub/submit/job-listing?c=US&amp;r=NJ New Jersey Jobs

Which would not get errors.

-----
JohnE

http://www.jobbank.com jobbank.com