velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Not understanding something
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:49:57 GMT
John,

johne wrote:

> Thanks for the response Nathan.
>
> I am using TilesTool.  I didn't realize that is how it worked.  It is odd
> that it does show, in my filter, that the spider seems to be requesting the
> *.vm file as the second part of the request.  I guess it just sees the
> initial request URL.  I had to do a double take, though.  I thought all of
> my internal code was exposed.

How is your filter configured, and what version of the servlet spec are
you running under? I think 2.4 (or 2.5?) introduced the ability to run
filters on a larger subset of the types of requests that are possible
(normal, include, forward, etc.).

Perhaps you just want to alter the configuration of your filter so that
it only reports on the original request, and not internal, loopback
requests made by the server back to itself.

-chris