velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically change resource.loader.path many times
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:07:28 GMT
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:02 AM, George H <george.dma@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions that I couldn't find an answer to in the docs
> concerning the velocity resource manager.
> 1: Does the "file.resource.loader.path" property take into account the
> order the directories are in? as in  dir1, dir2, dir3 and it will
> always check in that order.

yes, it should always check in that order.

> 2: Is it possible to add and remove directories from the list of
> "file.resource.loader.path" whenever I want in my program without
> affecting performance or anything (does this require me to
> re-initialize all the time?)

no, none of our resource loaders support path changes.  if you really
want to do this, i think it may be feasible if you create your custom
resource loader (probably, either extending or copy/paste/editing an
existing one) and pass in an instance of it (instead of just the class
name), though caching is likely to complicate that greatly.